The Karnataka film awards for 2009-2010 were announced on Wednesday evening by the chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda at Vidhana Soudha.
As all expected the award for Dr Vishnuvardhana triple role in Aptha Rakshaka directed by P Vasu has bagged him best actor award but unfortunately he is not living today to receive the award. Aptha Rakshaka bagged two more awards for art direction and best female singing categories.
The state awards committee headed by veteran actor, director and producer Dwarakish has kept away the film of Dr Girish Kasaravalli's Kanasembo Kudureyaneri that has bagged 20 plus awards at the national and international competitions. This is looked at rather seriously by the art film makers.
According to Dwarakish there were better films than that of Kanasembo Kudureyaneri. The committee watched 54 films that came for contest.
· Anu Prabhakar has been named the best actress for her sterling performance in Parikshe.
· A lifetime achievement award instituted in Vishnuvardhan's name was given to veteran producer SV Ankalagi.
· Puttanna Kanagal award for contribution to direction was given to CV Shivashankar.
· The Rajkumar award for senior actors was given to RN Sudharshan.
· First-time director Ruthvik Simha's Rasharushi Kuvempu, a film on Kannada's first Jnanpith award winner Kuvempu, won the best film award.
· The second best film award goes to Yograj Bhat's Manasaare that was produced by Rockline Venkatesh.
· Prashant Raj's Love Guru a debut of his brother production bagged the third best film.
· Shabari won the award for the best film on a social theme.
· Gurukula and Kinnara Bale won the best children's film awards.
· The KS Ashwath award for the best supporting actor was won by Neenasam Ashwath.
· Best supporting actress by Chandrakala for Runanubandha.
· V Harikrishna won the best composer award for Raj the Showman.
· Best cinematographer award tp Sundarnath Suvarna for Kallarasanthe.
· Siddaraja Kalyanakar and Deepu (dubbed for Ramya in Just Mat Matalli) won the awards for the best male and female voice dubbing respectively.
· The award for best dialogues went to Gunagi Mahadurga in Banni.
· Kumar was the best sound record engineer for Just Mat Matalli,
· Best editing goes to Srinivas Babu.
· Chiranjeevi (Ekameva) and Madhushri (Kinnara Bale) won the best child actor awards.
· Best art director award went to Venu for Aptharakshaka.
· Tippu (Raj The Showman) and Lakshmi Nagaraj (Aptharakshaka) were the best singers.
· Special awards were given to Raj (for the story of Ekameva) and Sumana Kittur (for directing Kallara Sante).
· Nagathihalli Chandrashekar won the award for the best story (Olave Jeevana Lekkachara)
· Best screenplay award was for Guruprasad for Eddelu Manjunatha.
· Best regional cinema award goes to 'Kajaar' a Konkani film directed by Dr Richard Castellino.