One of the terrific events in a lavish scale and huge attendance of artists, technicians and workers to give respect to the builders of cinema industry in the last 100 years and enthrall on the occasion is finally fixed for September 1 to 3. It was official announcement from Chairman of Centenary committee of South India celebration of 100 years of Indian cinema C Kalyan who is also President of SIFCC.
Sitting next to Ravi Kottarkar Secretary of SIFCC the chairman of the 3 days centenary event C Kalyan announced the industry in South India will be closed for a week. The exhibition of films is not affected. It is a mega event that incurs mega expenditure and the South Indian centenary celebration of Indian cinema has entrusted the task of capturing the event to Whizz Craft and they are operating 100 cameras for coverage of the most expected event.
South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce President and Centenary Celebration Chairman C Kalyan, SIFCC Ravi Kottarkar, KFCC President B Vijayakumar, Sa Ra Govindu, SA Chinne Gowda, Rockline Venkatesh and other members of KFCC were present at the media address on Thursday.
· It is one week holiday for South Indian cinema industry for three days event.
· Exhibition of cinema will not be affected.
· President of India Mr Pranab Mukerjee will take part on 3rd September at Nandanam YMCA auditorium. 12000 people watch this grand finale.
· All the top stars of south India and Hindi film industry bigwigs would join on the occasion. The theme song of the centenary of the South Indian Cinema
will be in the composition of AR Rehman and maestro Ilayaraja.
· All four cinema industry states chief minister will take part on the final day.
· 17 regional cinema industry would get a placement in the celebration.
· Two days on September 1 and 2 four languages get half a day for celebration. The order is Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu cinema industry.
· The event is at Nehru Indoor Stadium - 400 from each cinema industry would take part. It is 6000 capacity.
· SIFCC met the Kannada film industry bigwigs like Smt Parvathamma Rajakumar, Dr Ambarish and others. Dr Ambarish will be participating on all the three days.
· Whizz Craft is getting this event via satellite. 100 cameras will be pressed in to action. It will be live telecast worldwide.
· Fifty Stamps of with veteran's names will be brought out on this occasion. 10 stamps of each cinema industry pillars will be part of centenary. Dr Vishnuvardhana stamp will be released on this occasion.
· We are planning to invite persons like Spielberg, Jackie Chan and others to the South centenary of Indian cinema.
· Rockline Venkatesh says closure of cinema industry does not mean it is jobless situation. 80 percent of the cinema industry people will be working for event.
· KFCC President B Vijayakumar says all concerned departments have been consulted for this celebration. It is a 'Big Festival of South Indian cinema industry' says B Vijayakumar.