With the arrival of few new movies in Mollywood, the list of the Box Office's best has shown considerable differences from the previous weeks. And as expected the multi-starrer from Saji Surendran 'Four Friends' has opened to good initials to top the list.
1. Four friends - Though there are mixed opinions about the movie, it registered good initials in the first two days. This third movie from Saji Surendran has a very interesting cast composing of Jayaram, Jayasuriya, Boban Kunchakko, Meera Jasmine, Siddhique, Salimkumar, Ganesh Kumar and Suraj Venjarmoodu, which itself is the USP of the movie. Add to that the presence of universal star Kamal Haasan in a special cameo, it is not surprising for the movie with such a good pre-publicity to jump to the top spot from the day one. It remains to be seen how far this collections sustain in the case of 'Four Friends'.
2. Anwar - Though the interest in the movie is getting thinner, the stylish movie from Amal Neerad still registers good collections all across. The presence of Lal, Prakash Raj and Mamtha Mohandas, together with the sensitive topic and interesting visualisations add to list of the highlights of the movie which had a very good first two weeks, as far as the collections are concerned. 'Anwar' remains the second solo hit from Prithviraj after 'Puthiya Mugam' which came out last year.
3. Cocktail - Slowly emerging to the chart tops is 'Cocktail'- a low budget thriller from debutant director Arunkumar. The movie based on an English flick is wisely redone to suit the mood and interests of the desi audience. Featuring Anoop Menon, Jayasuriya and Samvrutha Sunil in the lead, 'Cocktail' is expected to become an earner even with a short run.
4. Endhiran - The Rajinikanth magic is still on. The magnum opus science fiction 'Endhiran' from Shankar is till ruling the theatres in majority of the centres, though the initial frenzy ness had died out. Now the movie remains the hot favourite of families and children.
5. Elsamma Enna Annkutty - This Lal Jose starer has ended up as the black horse among the Ramzan releases. The movie into its fifty days continues in 14 of its release centres with satisfactory collections. Also in theatres are Mohanlal's 'Shikaar', Mammootty's 'Pranchiyettan and the Saint' and Suresh Gopi's 'Sadgamaya', continuing with average collections.