close
Choose your channels

Actress assault case: Dileep's bail to be cancelled?

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 • Malayalam Comments

Actress assault case: Dileep’s bail to be cancelled?

On Tuesday, a special court will consider the prosecution's plea to cancel actor Dileep's bail in the sensational actress assault case. The prosecution said that the actor had allegedly tried to influence the main witness in the case. Demanding that Dileep's bail be cancelled, the prosecution also pointed out that certain witnesses changed their testimony before the court.

According to the prosecution's plea, an advocate of Dileep tried to influence a witness who had given a statement that he had seen Dileep meeting Pulsar Suni, another accused in the case, at Tennis Club in Thrissur. While the court had already recorded the testimonials of 44 witnesses including the survivor actress, it is yet to hear 302 other witnesses in the case. It is said that the court is expected to actors Mukesh, Siddique and Bhama.

On February 17, 2017, the actress was allegedly abducted and molested in a moving vehicle, which was filmed by the accused to blackmail her. Seven people, including the key accused 'Pulsar' Suni were arrested in connection with the actress' abduction case. There are 10 accused in the case.

Actor Dileep was subsequently arrested and arrayed as an accused in connection with offences under provisions of the Indian Penal Code and IT Act. The actor who spent 85 days in jail, was released on bail with stringent conditions by the Kerala High Court.The attack on the young actress and the subsequent arrest of Dileep rattled the Malayalam film industry. The developments in the case and the trial proceedings are keenly followed by public and the media.

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz