close
Choose your channels

Food Poisoning Kills 1, Renders 13 Sick

Thursday, May 23, 2019 • Common Comments

An 11-year-old boy passed away due to the consumption of food possibly made with contaminated water, at the Veerabadraswamy temple located in Nidagallu Hills in the district of Tumakuru. The boy, Veerabhadra, was rushed to a local hospital, but unfortunately, did not respond to treatment. While 2 victims are still in critical condition in the ICU, a total of 13 members fell ill after eating. The rest of them have been discharged. 

The family of 16 had come to visit the temple on Monday from Anantapur district in Andhra Pradesh. After using 10-day old water from the temple tank to cook, the members developed symptoms of diarrhea, vomiting, and fever. Officers are looking into the water samples to check if it was contaminated. 

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz