close
Choose your channels

Newborn baby's leg cut off after burned by hair dryer

Saturday, June 9, 2018 • Tamil Comments

Newborn babys leg cut off after burned by hair dryer

Carelessness and professional negligience is a very predominant problem. A newborn baby’s leg had to be amputated as a nurse forgot a hair dryer which was switched on. The incident which happened in China has left people shocked and disappointed.

The nurse had reportedly left a hair dryer on for 1.5 hours near the baby in the neo natal intensive care unit which lead to serious burn injuries. The doctors later had no other option than to amputate the four day old boy’s leg.

Two nurses who were identified respsonbile for the accident have been fired from the hospital. In addition to this, the hospital authorities have also issued a public apology as well.