close
Choose your channels

YouTube Suspends Russell Brand's Monetization Amid Allegations

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 • Tamil Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
1x
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to audioarticles@vaarta.com

YouTube, just a few hours after allegations of sexual assault and abuses against Russell Brand were let loose, suspended his channel monetization for allegedly violating its "creator responsibility policy." These allegations, which were made by at least four women and dated from 2006 to 2013, came in the middle of Brand’s prime fame. U.K. police also received a separate complaint of sexual assault that is believed to be related to this case. Brand has denied all these charges.

His management deemed it wise to fire him, and later his publisher decided to "pause" future works about Brand. All his live theatre shows in the U.K. were cancelled, and a women's charity that previously partnered with Brand distanced itself from him.

In the video before the scandal broke, Brand vehemently refuted allegations, saying that all relationships he had maintained were mutually consensual. YouTube then expelled him from its Partner Program, which made him lose benefits associated with resources and monetization features.

Though Brand's YouTube channel remains active, he has posted nothing new since the allegations came to light. The allegations are about Brand’s public career in both the UK and the US, where his former show brands him as "a sex addict" with a history of "assaults." He also fronted programs for the BBC and Channel 4, as well as featuring on TV shows and in films including "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Rock of Ages." Both broadcasters have since said they are looking into them.

The claims include rapes and alleged attacks said to have occurred in places such as Los Angeles, West Hollywood, and Manchester. One woman claimed she had a relationship with Brand when she was 16 and he was 30 at a hotel in the U.K. A third sexual assault claim against Brand was received by the London Central Police against Brand in 2003, also in Soho, London.

The Prime Minister’s office expressed serious concern after allegations against Brand, underlined the need for accusers to come forward, and pledged itself to a hardline approach to harassment.

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!   

Comments

Login to post comment
Cancel
Comment