close
Choose your channels

Man dies in sleep as mobile phone explodes while charging

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 • Tamil Comments

Man dies in sleep as mobile phone explodes while charging

A 22-year old man in Odisha's Paradip died while he was asleep as his mobile phone exploded while it was being charged.

The incident happened on Sunday night when the man, identified as Kuna Pradhan, was sleeping inside a room at a construction site in the Atharabanki area along with three other workers when the mobile phone that was charging beside his bed exploded suddenly. Pradhan reportedly died on the spot, according to the police.

"We have sent the body for post-mortem and we are waiting for its report. We have registered a UD (Unnatural Death) case. We have also sent the scientific team on the spot. We will take action after the doctor's report. Whether it was accidental or it was foul play can be clarified after the detailed report comes," an official informed a news agency. 

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz