close
Choose your channels

T20 World Cup: Will India vs Pakistan match be cancelled?

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 • Tamil Sport News Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
1x
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to audioarticles@vaarta.com

While the most awaited rivalry clash between India and Pakistan is scheduled to happen on October 23 (Sunday) at Australia in the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup, there is a possibility that the match might be cancelled owing to current weather conditions in Melbourne.

India and Pakistan are expected to be prepared for the worst case scenario as there is apparently a 90 percent chance of rain in Melbourne on Sunday (between 15 to 20 km/h) as per the Bureau of Meteorology. “Light winds becoming southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning,” a notice stated. There are no reserve days during the group stages either, although reserve days have been allotted for the semifinals and final. A minimum of five overs are needed to constitute a match.

India’s last match against Pakistan at a T20 World Cup was in 2021 in Dubai, where Pakistan beat India by 10 wickets. Regarding the playing XI for the tournament opener, Indian captain Rohit Sharma said, “I don’t believe in last-minute decisions. We want to keep our boys informed about team selection before so that they can prepare early. I already have my XI for the Pakistan match. Already those players are informed. I don’t believe in a last-minute thing. I want them to prepare well.”

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!