close
Choose your channels

Massive fire breaks out in Kerala

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 • Malayalam Comments

Massive fire breaks out in Kerala

A massive fire broke out in a scrap shop at Cheruvannur in Kerala's Kozhikode district on Tuesday morning. The fire that raged with huge flames for more than an hour engulfed the entire shop. According to preliminary reports, a short circuit was the cause of fire, that is said to have broke out at 5 am in the morning. No casualties have been reported.

scrap shop Kozhikode

A total of 20 fire force units, including those from other districts were employed to extinguish the fire. The fire force brigade was tried hard to contain the blaze as there were several businesses nearby, including car showrooms. Reportedly, heavy smoke from the blaze had disrupted the initial rescue efforts.

A major tragedy was averted as the police officials from the nearby station immediately removed the gas cylinders from the nearby gas godown. They also evacuated the people residing in and around the area.

fire accident Kerala

Kozhikode Corporation Mayor Dr. Been Philip said that the building that caught fire did not have a license. Beena Phillip also added that there were about 15 people in the building at the time of the fire and that everyone was immediately evacuated. The situation is now under control.

 

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz