Choose your channels

Young techie suffers serious burns in laptop blast Inbox

Wednesday, April 20, 2022 • Malayalam Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to

In a shocking incident, a 23-year-old woman named Sumalatha suffered serious burns after her laptop blasted. The incident happened in Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. Reportedly, Sumalatha is a software engineer working in Bengaluru based company named Magic Solutions. Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sumalatha had been working from home lately. On Monday, April 18, Sumalatha went into her room, closed the door, and started working on her laptop while it was charging. The laptop suddenly caught fire and exploded. Her parents said that they rushed to her room after seeing a smoke. Initial reports said short circuit is the cause of the accident. While she was working on the laptop placed on her lap, it exploded. Noticing smoke emanating from her room, we rushed in and found her unconscious on the burnt bed,’’ said her parents. It has been suspected that Sumalatha might have fallen unconscious when the gadget exploded. Seriously injured Sumalatha has been shifted to a private hospital. Reportedly, she sustained 80% burns and is battling for life. The police said that a probe has been initiated into the incident. More details are awaited!

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!